Tech 21 GED-2112 Preamp
- Helsingin myymälä In stock
- Tukku In stock
- Turun myymälä Ask for availability
Geddy Lee has been performing without onstage amps and speakers since the Test for Echo Tour in 1996, favoring major household appliances instead. Known for using a variety of gear to create interesting layered tones, Geddy has included the SansAmp RBI and/or the SansAmp RPM in his rig since 2001.
Wanting to streamline and simplify his gear for new projects, Geddy partnered with Tech 21 to design a signature SansAmp, the GED-2112. This challenging collaboration involved distilling a rackload of equipment into a single rackspace. It resulted in a new format for Parallel Pre-Amping -- having two separate internal pre-amps that run in parallel.
The Drive pre-amp section is based upon the versatile SansAmp RPM, for a wide range of sonic possibilities. The Deep pre-amp section offers low end boost for thick, meaty tones. Saturation goes from clean in lower settings to increased harmonics and tube-like compression in higher settings. To keep things lean and efficient, the EQ curve is pre-set to Geddy’s personal specs. You can use either section independently or blend them externally direct to a mixing board as well as to two amplifiers.
Unconventional? Unorthodox? Unique? You betcha.
- Dual, all-analog SansAmp circuits
- Drive control for gain and overdrive
- Blend to adjust the ratio of SansAmp tube amp emulation and
- your direct signal
- Sweepable semi-parametric EQ, 170 Hz to 3.0 kHz, cut/boost 12dB
- Saturation for low-end beef and separate Level control
- Deep pre-amp has dedicated ¼-inch and XLR direct outputs
- Effect Loop with Mix 50/50 switch
- Tuner output
- Uneffected ¼-inch output
- Front panel A/B switching to have 2 basses ready to go; dual rear inputs with -20dB input pads