Bogner Helios Eclipse takes the roots of the Helios amp through a sonic time machine to create a more modern version. Even though they are brothers by sharing the same power amp design, the preamp circuit and control layout makes them essentially two different amplifiers, each with it's own purpose and valid applications.
The Helios Eclipse utilizes up to 6 gain stages which go far beyond 11. It features the same hand-wired construction with three direct accessible channels via the included foot controller. The tube buffered effects loop has been reworked so pedal effects can handle the added gain stages of channel 2 and 3. The two gain channels each have two individual 3 position switches to tailor the gain structure for a variety of tones and feels.
Channels 2 & 3 offer three different gain structure choices each:
- Hot, features the "hot input of channel 2" from the original Helios.
- 80's mode adds compression.
- Eclipse mode adds two extra gain stages.
- Eclipse + mode adds two extra gain stages with the addition of the 80's compression!
Channel 3 in hot or 80's mode is closest to the original Helios, Channel 2 is more open and aggressive.
Available as a 100 watt head with EL34 power tubes, the amp comes standard in the smaller (50W) head enclosure, making it more compact and easier to fit on top of any guitar cabinet.
- Power: 100W (Variac power reduction switch)
- Preamp: 5 x JJ ECC83
- Power Amp: 4 x EL34
- Channels: 3 (1 Clean, 2 Overdrive)
- Controls (Channel 1): Volume, 3-Position Bright Switch
- Controls (Channel 2 ): Volume, Gain, Pre EQ Switch (Plexi Bright, Normal, Light Bright), Voicing (Hot, 80s, Eclipse+)
- Controls (Channel 3): Volume, Gain (Plexi Bright, Normal, Light Bright), Voicing (Hot, 80s, Eclipse+), EQ Bypass
- 3-Band EQ
- Controls (Back Panel): Bottom, Punch Switch for Low End Response, Presence, Full Power / Variac Mode Switch
- Effects Loop: Tube-Buffered Series Effects Loop, Return Level Control
- Footswitch Controls: Channel Switch, FX Loop
- Inputs: 1x Instrument, Effects Return, Footswitch 7-pin DIN
- Outputs: 2x Speaker Out 4 Ohm, 2x Speaker Out 8 Ohm, 1x Speaker Out 16 Ohm, Effects Send
- Handwired with Turret Board Construction
- Weight: 19.5kg
- Includes 4-Button Footswitch
- Additional Information