The Minimark has been astounding people since its first introduction at NAMM some years ago. The Minimark 802 is even more sonically impressive, with an incredible warm and focused sound thanks to the two 8" custom woofers and an onboard piezo tweeter.
The Minimark 802 is a brilliant choice for rehearsing, practicing, teaching and recording and it can be used also on gigs, of course! It is also ideal for double bass and acoustic bass, with a faithful reproduction of the acoustic tone. The Minimark 802 also has a balanced output that is great for recording.
Easy controls include the VLE and VPF filters. The VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator) filters out high frequencies to give you a mellower, less modern sound.
As you turn the knob clockwise, you will find that a wider and wider range of high frequencies gets cut. This EQ effect is especially useful for acoustic and older styles of music.
The VPF (Variable Preshape Filter) boosts lows (around 35 Hz) and highs (around 10 kHz), and cuts mids at 380 Hz. This filter sounds great for rock music and is also a favorite of many slap bass players. Note that at higher volumes, turning the VPF up high will result in more output limiting due to the increase in low frequencies.
- Amp Power: 250W @ 4 ohm / 150W @ 8 ohm
- Speaker Power Handling: 250W RMS (AES Standard)
- Speakers: 2x8” Neodymium Woofer
- Tweeter: B&C Piezo
- Cabinet Design: Rear Ported Bass Reflex, Carrying Handle, Metal Grille, Protected Corners
- Frequency Response: 53 Hz - 18 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3.5 kHz
- Sensitivity: 96 dB SPL
- Inputs: 1x Instrument In, 1x Aux In Mini Plug
- Outputs: Speaker Out 1/4” Jack (Min. 8 ohm), Balanced XLR Out, Headphone Jack
- Controls: Level With Clip LED, Ground Lift, Internal Speaker On/Off Switch
- Effects: VLE-filter (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator), VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter)
- Weight: 10.6 kg
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 261 x 498 x 393mm
- Color: Black With Yellow Speaker Cone
- Additional Information