Turning 20 was a powerful testament to the unusual longevity of the SansAmp PSA. To commemorate the anniversary, Tech 21 issued a limited quantity with a copper anodized faceplate.
In a time of every-other-month upgrades, the SansAmp PSA has been modified only once in 20 years, and primarily to add hardware features. Combining a warm, all-analog signal path with digital recall, it offers 49 factory presets of the most recognized vintage and modern tube amp sounds for guitar and bass, and 77 user-definable locations.
A Universal Output Section enables the signal to be compatible with full range systems as well as guitar/bass speaker cabinets.
With the SansAmp PSA-1.1, you can record direct to tape, as well as warm up existing tracks in mixdowns.
For live applications, it can be used as a pre-amp, “monster direct box” to P.A. system, and as an outboard processor.
Via MIDI, you can load and off-load presets, map program locations, and select MIDI channels (including Omni Mode).
Remote program changes can also be made via MIDI (including Tech 21’s own equally player-friendly MIDI Mouse footcontroller).
Other features include dual 1/4” and XLR outputs for stereo processing, either of which can be set at line or instrument level, and used simultaneously.
The non-glare, 3-digit LED display is readable from any angle, in daylight or darkness.
- Model Number : PSA-1.1
- Input Impedance-Input 1: 1MegOhm
- Input Impedance-Input 2: 4.7MegOhm
- Input Level-Input 1: -10dB
- Input Level-Input 2: Switchable to -10dB or 0dB range
- Output Impedance-1/4”: 1K Ohm min
- Output Impedance-XLRs: 600 Ohm min
- Output Level-1/4”: Switchable to -10dB or 0dB range
- Output Level-XLR : Switchable to -10dB or 0dB range
- Maximum Output Level: +10dB or better
- XLR Pin Configuration: Pin 1: Ground / Pin 2: In phase / Pin 3: Reverse phase
- Effects Loop Send: 1K Ohm min, -10dB, Mono
- Effects Loop Return: 100K Ohm min, -10dB,
- Stereo/Mono Low Frequency Response: 10Hz or better*
- High Frequency Response: Harmonic content, 20kHz or better*
- Maximum Power Consumption: 5 Watts
- Enclosure: Aluminum and steel, fully shielded
- Dimensions: 19.0”w x 1.75”h x 5”d / Overall depth: 6” Weight: 5 lbs.
Merkki Tech 21