Friedman Runt-20 Head Guitar Amplifier
- Helsinki Store Ask for availability
- Warehouse Ask for availability
Friedman Runt-20 Head is a 20-watt all tube head that delivers Friedman's legendary tone and versatility in a compact 2-channel amp. The Runt-20’s power section is driven by two EL-84s, with three 12AX7s in the preamp.
The "simple" clean channel features a volume knob and 3-position bright switch that delivers anything from pristine cleans to a slightly broken-up tone, which is great for blues and country. The heart and soul of the Runt-20 is the overdrive channel, which takes you from classic rock to all-out assault. Use the Boost switch and Gain knob to dial in the perfect amount of overdrive. A global presence control shapes the high-frequency response of the Runts power section.
The Runt delivers the tight bottom end and midrange that is typically only found in much higher-wattage amps by utilizing custom transformers and the cleanest signal path possible. The Runt is ideal for many styles of music from blues to classic rock and heavy metal by merely adjusting the gain and master controls.
Plugging into the Runt, you will instantly notice the harmonically rich detailed chords and resonating single note lines. This amp cleans up exceptionally well with the guitar’s volume knob, even with the amp on higher gain settings.
This is the first amp Dave Friedman has ever made with an internal load and cab-simulated XLR output. Comparing this analog circuit to some of the most intricate computer-based IRs, Dave achieved a direct output you can proudly send to front of house or use in the studio. The Runt also allows you to play "silently," meaning you can safely play the amp WITHOUT having a speaker cabinet connected. The XLR output includes a ground-lift, level, and center/edge of speaker cone simulation switches.
The Runt was designed to take pedals well, and it loves boosts, ODs, phasers, flangers, tremolos, and wahs. The ultra-transparent no tone loss, buffered, series effects loop takes time-based effects pedals and rack units equally well. The head cabinet features beautiful black Tolex, with Baltic Birch construction, and is built to withstand the rigors of the road.
- Made in USA
- Power: 20W
- Power Tubes: 2x EL84
- Preamp Tubes: 3x 12AX7
- Channels: 2 (Clean, Overdrive)
- Controls (Front Panel): Presence, Master, Treble, Middle, Bass, Gain, Clean Vol, Boost Switch, Channel Switch, Bright Switch
- Controls (Rear Panel): Balanced Output Ground Lift + Axis Switch + Level Switch -10dB/30dB, Speaker Impedance
- Inputs: 1x 6.3mm Instrument In, 1x Effects Loop Return, 1x Footswitch
- Outputs: 1x 6.3mm Effects Loop Send, 1x Cab Simulated XLR Out with Ground Lift, Axis and Level Switches
- Speaker Outputs: 2x 6.3mm Jack, Impedance Selector 8/16 Ohm
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 457 x 222 x 222mm
- Weight: 10kg
- Includes 1-button footswitch