Victory VX100 The Super Kraken Guitar Amplifier
- Helsinki Store Ask for availability
- Warehouse Ask for availability
Victory VX100 The Super Kraken is evolved from the award winning Compact Series VX The Kraken, developed with Rabea Massaad.
The Kraken has morphed into an even more powerful beast via 100 massive watts of 6L6 power. You still get the Brit-inspired Gain I channel. You still get the colossal smack of Gain II’s US grind… but now there’s a whole new footswitchable clean mode, plus a footswitchable Preamp Focus function to add a little juice and cut to any and all modes. There’s also a preset Bass Focus option in the power section, footswitchable FX loop, assignable/ footswitchable dual master volumes… plus a useful 30-watt low-power mode for when you don’t need to blow the roof off. And, of course, MIDI switching capability.
Gain I Crunch… and Clean!
VX100’s clean mode is entirely new, allowing sparkling clean tones with superb headroom. Footswitch to crunch mode, and you're rocking hot-rodded British gain tones. Switch in the Preamp Focus to boost, tighten and punch through.
The Gain II channel picks up from where Gain I leaves off. There's extra overdrive as you'd expect, but also a tighter bottom-end response and a more focussed midrange character, for a more American flavour in your riffs. Yes, it Djents if you want.
This preset footswitchable boost adds a little gain while also tightening up the bottom end and pushing mids. It's akin to what a clean-sounding TS-type pedal would do. It works in all three modes: Clean, Gain I and Gain II.
Power Amp Bass Focus
This preset footswitchable function affects the negative feedback in the power section. One setting delivers looser bass response with plenty of vintage-style resonance. The other setting is tighter and more focussed in the bottom end.
Dual Master Volumes
You can configure these to change with the channels (Gain I/Master I and Gain II/Master II) or have them independently footswitchable for two separate master volume levels whenever you want.
Low Power Mode
Select between 30 watts low power or 100 watts high power. Both are plenty loud, but the feel and dynamics are different.
There are six footswitchable functions in VX100: Gain I/GainII, Clean/Crunch modes, Preamp Focus, Power Amp Focus, Master Volumes and the FX Loop… Two dual-button footswitches come with the amp as standard – see below.
All six of the functions mentioned left are MIDI switchable with a compatible MIDI controller. That means you can pre-program multiple function changes to happen at once… along with all your other MIDI compatible devices, should you so desire.
External Bias Test Points & Adjustment
No need to fiddle inside the amp when you change output valves.
- Made in the UK
- Power: 100/30W RMS
- Power Tubes: 4x 6L6 (Interchangeable with EL34)
- Preamp Tubes: 4x ECC83 (12AX7)
- Channels: 2, 3 Modes
- Controls (Front Panel): FX Loop Switch, Preamp Focus Switch, Clean/Crunch Switch, Gain I, Gain Switch, Gain II, Bass, Middle, Treble, Master I, Master II, Master Switch, High/Preheat/Low Switch
- Controls (Rear Panel): Power On/Off Switch, Bias Adjust, Power Amp Bass Focus Switch, MIDI Reset, MIDI Store, MIDI Channel
- Inputs: 1x 6.3mm Instrument In, 1x Effects Loop Return, Footswitch 1: Clean/Crunch + Pre Bass Focus, Footswitch 2: Gain I/II + Master I/II, Footswitch 3: Master/Gain Solo + FX Loop On/Off
- Outputs: 1x 6.3mm Effects Loop Send
- Speaker Outputs: 3x 6.3mm Jack, 1x 16Ohm, 2x 16Ohm, 1x 8Ohm, 2x 8Ohm, 4 Ohm
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 480 x 235 x 235mm
- Weight: 12.5kg
- Includes 2-button latching footswitch for Gain I/II and Master I/II
- Includes 2-button latching footswitch for Preamp Bass Focus and Crunch
- Includes Slip Cover